Beauty Bit: The Cinnamon Lip Plumping Trick
Today I’m sharing a beauty tip that will help you get fuller, more luscious lips. After all, what’s prettier than a kissable pout?? Some women go to extremes to get fuller lips by going under the knife or buy expensive plumping lip products…but I say there’s no need. Instead of spending thousands on surgery, why not try this inexpensive trick I learned instead? The key is found in one ingredient: cinnamon.
Cinnamon is a natural lip plumper because it actually very mildly irritates the skin on your lips, which causes them to redden and swell. When you rub the cinnamon against your lips, you are stimulating the blood supply to your lips. The result is a pretty, plump pout! You can either use cinnamon powder or cinnamon oil. Cinnamon oil is very strong, so it’s important to dilute it with Vaseline as well!
The Cinnamon Lip Trick:
What you need:
Cinnamon powder or oil
- Smooth a thin layer of Vaseline along your lips
- Dip your finger in the cinnamon powder and very gently rub it into your lips.
- Leave the mixture on for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the sensitivity of your skin
- Take a moistened wash cloth and gently wipe off
- Voilà – a beautiful plump pout!
A couple tips I’ll leave you with:
- Do NOT exfoliate your lips right before doing this – your lips will be in extreme pain!
- If you have chapped lips, I don’t recommend doing this, for the same reason as above
- I would recommend putting another thin layer of Vaseline or lip balm on your lips immediately after wiping off the cinnamon mixture to hydrate them and avoid irritation
Have you ever tried this trick? What other beauty questions do you have for me? If you try it out, tell me how it works in the comments!!